The most satisfying yet confusing task that any parent is faced with: decorating their kid’s room. There are mixed emotions while undertaking the project. You want the room to represent your child’s personality while making it colorful, fun, and functional. One of the biggest things to decide while decorating a kid’s room is the choice of bed, especially if you have a smaller square feet area. Bunker beds come to the rescue in such cases. Bunk beds have two or three beds grouped one on top of the other in the same frame. They provide a perfect solution to creating sleeping space for two or more children without occupying much space. Let’s take a look at some crucial factors that you need to take into account while selecting a better bed for your kids.
1. Know the room measurements: First things first, measure the space of the room where you want to place the bunker bed. You may like certain designs and models, but they aren’t of any use if they don’t fit your space. This will also help you choose the right kind, size, and shape of bunker bed.
2. Assess your needs: Before you explore the options of bunk beds for kids, assess a couple of things like the number of children who are going to use it and their age range. Finding a bunk bed that fulfills your demands is simple when you are clear about what they are.
3. The model and design: Bunker beds also come in varied styles and sizes like twin over twin, queen size, king size, full over full, and twin over full. The choice of size depends on your needs. Take time to check out which model fits your needs and budget.
4. The material of the bed: Bunker beds just like any other beds come in different materials like solid wood and metal, and some variants are a combination of both. Although metallic ones are likely to be strong and long-lasting, they are also more sensitive to temperature variations. On the other hand, wooden ones have a sophisticated and stylish appearance. Pick one that blends seamlessly with your interior décor theme.
5. Storage options: These days bunk beds even come with drawers at the bottom that provide great storage space to hold a variety of things like quilts, books, clothes, and even toys. One thing to consider here is that bunker beds with storage are priced higher than the other beds that just come with the frame and no storage. If budget is not a constraint, then it’s best to opt for beds with storage, because your kids’ belongings are only going to multiply with every passing year.
6. Specific themes: If you have decided to decorate your kid’s room with a specific theme, then it makes all the more sense to look for a bunker bed that fits into it. You have various theme-based bunker beds available in the market that are sometimes even shaped to match the character.